he present college library was established in the year of 1981 with the view of providing an
easy platform and channel for the staff and students of the college to learn the knowledge of different
discipline. The college provides a wide range of books on various subjects and topics. The college also
has Student’s Book Bank facility for the needy students. At present the total number of text and
references book is 25000 .Though the college is purely an UG Arts College, having seven Hons. Subjects
viz. History, Bengali, English, Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, Education, however, the library
is also enriched with the books of Ethics, culture, religion, sociology, anthropology, computer etc. The
library provides e. cataloging facility and latest arrival display to the members.
The College Library has a standing Advisory Committee . The committee usually and
time to time investigate the library environment and the necessitate of the Students and Staffs for the
enrichment of the Academic and research life of the College.
Library membership is open for all bonafide students of the College. Students are advised
to get the membership to utilize all the available resources of the Library. Membership is also
mandatory for all academic staff to use the both online and offline resources. Currently the number of
membership of the College Library is 1800 approx.
College has very small but specialize departmental book self that provide
research based study support.
College has a book friendly reading room for the Staff as well as students. The reading
room also makes available different news papers, magazine and job related issues.
The college library provides free access to all staff and Hons. Students to the NLIS INFLIBNET
site for the E. Resources.
Rules and Regulation:
- All the bonafide students and teaching and Non-teaching staff could be member of the college
- Library Borrower Card is not transferable.
- In case of loss of a borrower's card; a new one will be issued on payment of Rs. 10/-. A new card
will be issued free of charge only when the previous one .is wholly used up and returned to the
- Member will return the Membership Card before leaving the College/Commencement of the
- In case of Loss of Books/Reading material issued to Member, member will replace the
Book/deposit the cost assessed by College Library.
- Member will return all books borrowed within due date failing which the fine accrued may be
charged from me.